Major problem in communities is the unbalanced population and
improper distribution of facilities, rather than the population growth.
■ What is support for a country?
■ What is the impact of mismanagement and false culture on the society?
■ If the problems of our country are related to the population growth, why do the countries with larger populations have fewer problems than we do?
■ Why was this project executed despite strong opposition from experts?
■ Are you informed of the anti-Muslim plans in the world?
This treatise is originally a part of the first volume of Angelic Light of the Qur’an which deals with the interpretation of the verse, ﴾ nor kill their children (61:12)). Due to its importance, the treatise is extracted from the above book and published independently by the title, “Risāla al-Nikākhiyya”.
As in the time of writing this treatise, i.e. five years after the demise of the Great Leader of the Islamic Revolution, remarkable activities had been undertaken concerning family planning and population control, his holiness Ayatollah Allama Ṭihrānī proceeded to write some marginal notes to this treatise and expounded the title of the treatise by adding to it the statement, “Population Control, a Fatal Blow to the Muslim Masses”.
Consisting of thirteen considerations, these marginal notes have analyzed population control from the viewpoints of the Qur’an and Islam and unveiled the insidious policies of the world arrogance in debilitating the Muslims’ power.
Excerpts from the book:
• God has eternally guaranteed the capacity of the earth and it resources for mankind.
• Prophet’s recommendation to population growth was made not in the time of Muslims’ well-being.
• With every child-birth, a woman heightens the efficiency of her contribution to the society.
• The policy of population control is intended to bring women into the marketplace and to impair their life.
• People’s problems rise from the world policies.
• Dismemberment of the countries and debilitating their human power is the most efficient policy of the world powers.
• The U.S. sterilized the Indians to bar their population growth.
• This project was rooted in the British Malthus theory.
• Malthus theory is consistent with the Jewish insight which is in total conflict with the Islamic Insight.
• They concealed from people the grave consequences of vasectomy.
• The jurists can not leave up to the public the recognition of birth control detriment.
• In execution of this project no attention was paid to the critical warnings of the experts and jurists opposed to it.
A nation is backed by its human power, and a civilization is the outcome of this power. Therefore, weakening of human force will ruin the grounds for development. Similarly, enhancement of quality will not be practicable except through financial prosperity or cheap labor force; so, population control in Islamic countries is but damaging their independence.
Persian & Arabic full text